The second Industry Workshop was organised by Örebro University on the 3. – 4. March 2021. The focus of the two day workshop was on Autonomous Navigation of HDM Machinery and consisted of a number of presentations from experts in the field.
In total, there were eight presentations:
- Autonomous HDM operation – Reza Ghabcheloo (TUT)
- Model predictive control autonomous haulers – Johan Sjöberg (VCE)
- Positioning and mapping for field robots – Juhana Ahtiainen (GIM Robotics)
- Robot Operating System (ROS) – Henrik Andreasson (ORU)
- Fully Automated Harbours: Position Measurement of the Container Handling Machine – Pekka Yli-Paunu (HIAB)
- Under the Radar – System-Level Self-Supervision for Perception and Navigation – Ingmar Posner (Oxford)
- Human Motion Prediction for save and efficient operation in shared environments – Andrey Rudenko (Bosch)
- Decision making under uncertainty – Joni Pajarinen (TUD & Aalto)
The workshop was closed with a round table between the speakers and Early Stage Researchers to present their topics and ask any open questions in relation to the presented topics. In total, MORE will organise five Industry Workshops with the objective to provide ESRs and other experts with the knowledge and the tools to better understand the current and future challenges in the research topics covered by MORE.