The MORE project offers a truly intersectoral and multidisciplinary training programme to equip the eight ESRs with a with a skill set that is unique and in high demand by the HDM industry in a growing yet changing market, with new requirements for new technologies, products and qualified staff.
The MORE training programme includes local and network-wide training activities which cover research including science, technology and industry as well as transferable skills training.
Introduction Week (Virtual), 14. - 16. September 2020
The first MORE training week was organised by Tampere University and held online to bring together representatives from the MORE Beneficiaries and Partner Organisations as well as the recruited ESRs.
Day 1 – 14. September 2020 – Icebreaker
The first day of the meeting focused on introducing the project and the MORE ESRs. Each ESR prepared a three minute presentation to present their individual projects. The participants gave feedback on the talks and had the opportunity to ask questions. The company partners Deere, Liebherr and HIAB also introduced their organisations and roles in the project.
Day 2 – 15. September 2020 – Automation and Autonomy: Today and Tomorrow
The second day consisted of further company introductions from Bosch Rexroth, Volvo, Novatron and GIM who are all involved in the MORE project. Presentations on mobile and autonomous mobile machines were held to bring the innovations being researched in MORE closer to the ESRs.
Day 3 – 16. September 2020 – Dialogue
The final day of the meeting aimed to facilitate creating a dialogue and networking between the participants, especially the ESRs. For this, the ESRs received training on the principles of dialogue in action which is extremly important in online meetings. Afterwards, TAU organised online “sauna sessions” to bring participants together in smaller teams for deep discussions on the different ESR projects.
2nd Industry Workshop (Virtual), 3. - 4. March 2021
The second Industry Workshop was organised by Örebro University. In total, MORE will organise five Industry Workshops with the objective to provide ESRs and other experts with the knowledge and the tools to better understand the current and future challenges in the research topics covered by MORE. The focus of the two day workshop was on Autonomous Navigation of HDM Machinery and consisted of a number of presentations from experts in the field.
Day 1 – 3. March 2021
- Autonomous HDM operation – Reza Ghabcheloo (TUT)
- Model predictive control autonomous haulers – Johan Sjöberg (VCE)
- Positioning and mapping for field robots – Juhana Ahtiainen (GIM Robotics)
- Robot Operating System (ROS) – Henrik Andreasson (ORU)
Day 2 – 4. March 2021
- Fully Automated Harbours: Position Measurement of the Container Handling Machine – Pekka Yli-Paunu (HIAB)
- Under the Radar – System-Level Self-Supervision for Perception and Navigation – Ingmar Posner (Oxford)
- Human Motion Prediction for save and efficient operation in shared environments – Andrey Rudenko (Bosch)
- Decision making under uncertainty – Joni Pajarinen (TUD & Aalto)
The workshop was closed with a round table between the speakers and Early Stage Researchers to present their topics and ask any open questions in relation to the presented topics.
3rd Industry Workshop (Tampere, FI), 15. - 17. November 2021
The third Industry Workshop was organised by Tampere University and was the first in person event for the MORE network. The focus of the two day workshop was on AI, Robotics, Automation and consisted of a number of presentations from experts from in the field.
Day 1 – 15. November 2021
- Robotics, manipulator, trajectory optimization (Arun Singh, Univ. of Tartu)
- Hydraulics boom (Marcus Rösth, HIAB)
- Forestry Applications and Technologies (Timo Käppi, J. Deere)
Day 2 – 16. November 2021
- BIM in Infra Construction (Teppo Viinikka, Novatron)
- Control of Articulated Hydraulic Robotic Systems, (Janne Koivumäki Novatron)
Day 3 – 17. November 2021
- Operator assistance (Manuel Bös, Liebherr)
- Robot learning for heavy mobile machines (Nataliya Strokina / Reza Ghabcheloo,TAU)
- Automation, Robotics in heavy machines (Christine Brach/Ulrich Lenzgeiger, Bosch Rexroth)
In addition to daily round table sessions to discuss the technical topics which were presented during the day the local hosts organised lab visits and demo sessions. More details can be found here.
2nd Annual MORE Network Event (Örebro, SE), 18. - 20. May 2022
The second annual MORE network event was organised by Örebro University in Sweden. In addition to a number of training sessions, the MORE early stage researchers all received the opportunity to present their research to the network to show their progress and receive direct feedback from experts in the field. More details can be found here.
Day 1 – 18. May 2022
- Welcome and introduction
- Early Stage Researcher presentations (Tyrone J. Machado, Amirmasoud Molaei and Paolo Forte)
- AASS lab tour
- MORE Supervisory Meeting
Day 2 – 19. May 2022
- Early Stage Researcher presentations (Himanshu Gupta, Prashant Kumar Rai, Daniel Eriksson, Abdolreza Taheri and David Fassbender)
- Networking event – Munktell Museum
Day 3 – 20. May 2022
- Communication, dissemination and exploitation activities in MORE: As open as possible, as closed as necessary (Julia Götz, accelopment)
- Towards robot-, task- and environment-agnostic multi-robot fleet control (Federico Pecora, Associate Professor at Örebro University)
- Ethics for Robotics & Automation (Masoumeh Mansouri, Assistant Professor at the School of Computer Science, University of Birmingham)
- Wrap-up Discussions